Tuesday, March 4, 2008

timing experiment2

so I went in and added the break down drawings but with no inbetweens to cuchion the movement. I noticed the arms come down really fast and that the amount of time it takes to kick the leg out seems kinda slow
essentially it looks like it was done from an aerobics video lol. which it was so no complaints. I was considering doing a different set of break downs that exaggerate the movement in places but I will see. to morrow I add inbetweens and I will make several swf files to test how timing changes when things are taken out or added in. Obviously things slow down when you ad inbetweens and the speed up when you remove them. should be fun.

http://homepage.mac.com/drawlikecrazy/taebobreak.swf

1 comment:

Emil said...

I see what you mean about the motion but the extremes and breakdowns seem to come out really well. I particually like how when she fully extends her leg she continues to go down a bit further. Shows attention to the detail of the movement. I don't know how far you've gotten on it but if you're talking about changing the pacing of it maybe you can make it where as she's lowering her arms, she extends her leg into the kick. I believe it will help the movement flow a bit more as opposed to the arms going down first THEN the leg extending. Then again it was a exercise video like you said so the movements will be a bit stilted regardless. Overall it seems like you're on the right track.